The market for M2M vehicle telematics in fleet management is in a growth period which will continue in the years to come. But to succeed, fleets must overcome a wide range of challenges threatening to inhibit efficient and cost-effective management, including new regulations, changing standards and rising fuel costs.
And as more commercial fleets enjoy the benefits of M2M vehicle telematics, customers are seeking more reliable connections, with flexible rate plans and seamless coverage across geographic areas. These programs are also becoming more complex, from the simple need to manage location, routing, and fuel costs to requirements for mission-critical reliability, connectivity for life, and market differentiation.
During this webinar, Syed Zaeem “Z” Hosain, Aeris CTO, and John Bean, Aeris Business Development Executive, outlined the essential steps to achieving competitive advantage in the M2M telematics market for fleet.
The key issues covered in the discussion included:
- AT&T’s 2G GSM GPRS network shutdown, scheduled for Jan. 1, 2017 is forcing M2M companies using AT&T to quickly switch to a connectivity alternative. What are the options for companies using this technology?
- How to accommodate increasing data consumption as solution providers add more features and functionalities to their solutions such as routing and dispatch to their GPS tracking solutions.
- The value of device management portals, which let businesses gain access to a connectivity enablement platform that helps you reduce costs and improve efficiency with real-time visibility to devices and the network.
- Service Level Agreements which identify, target and tracks key metrics such as uptime, response time, severity levels, and issue resolution time.
- Flexible rate plans that adjust to your needs and can lead to a low total cost of ownership.
Syed Zaeem Hosain, CTO, Aeris Communications
Mr. Hosain is responsible for the architecture and future direction of Aeris’ networks, development programs and technology strategy. Mr. Hosain is Chairman of the International Forum on ANSI‐41 Standards Technology (IFAST) and represents Aeris at the Mobility Development Group (MDG), where he is a member of the Board. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
John Bean, Aeris Business Development Executive
Mr. Bean is an enterprise sales and business development executive with wide experience in enterprise software and wireless sales executive who has built many customer and partner relationships within the Machine to Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem. Bean has held executive positions at KORE Telematics, Gryphex LLC and Omnilink Systems.