You might believe that all M2M service providers are the same. You might think that you will select a cellular vendor based on the lowest connectivity rates. If you do, you might be heading for trouble.
Cellular rates for SMS and data are only the beginning. There are dozens of ways that cellular providers and MVNOs can drive up your costs. And depending on the configuration of your program, some providers will not be able to deliver a reliable signal or effective troubleshooting. You need to know what questions to ask to get at the truth.
Topics in The Ultimate Guide to Selecting a M2M Service Provider include:
- Common rate plans and their differences
- Hidden costs and fees
- The special needs of mobile devices
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Network traffic and reliability
- APIs and system integration